Many of us spend a great deal of time & money on how we look, going to the gym & keeping in shape. Far less is spent on our mental fitness.
The good news is improving your mental fitness doesn't need to cost a lot of money, but it does require focus.
October is Mental Health Month in Australia and a great time to start picking up some new mental health practices. A few of my personal favourites are:
1) Device Free Dinners, i.e. share with people you love your favourite movies, books, holidays, experiences & why
2) Grounded Time, i.e. get out in nature, take your shoes off, & just sit listening to the natural sounds around you
3) Sleep Well, i.e. you know this one already but many cases of anxiety &/or depression relate to poor sleep quality
4) Gratitude Posts, i.e. use social media for good not evil by sharing content about people or things that build positivity
5) Routine Busting, i.e. break your routine by eating new things, watching something new, talking to different people and in so doing create more novelty and learning in your life.